Bubble Pizza is a quick and easy pan pizza made with only 4 ingredients in less than 30 minutes! It’s a fun party or snack option everyone will devour!
I use refrigerated biscuits in all sorts of sweet and savory treats; I am never without a tube or two in my refrigerator. I love how I can quickly and easily turn them into donuts, breakfast bakes, cheese rolls, and currently my newest favorite, bubble pizza!
And bonus points for not having to run around town looking for specialty ingredients!
Party food or busy weeknight dinner can’t get any simpler than this Bubble pizza is so easy to make I feel silly even calling it a recipe.
Just cut the biscuit dough into quarters, layer them in a lightly greased cast iron skillet (or any oven-safe dish), slather the pizza sauce on top and throw in whatever toppings and cheese you want, which in my case were pepperoni and mozzarella. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven and viola! A thick, gooey, cheesy pull-apart pizza goodness.
Make sure to space the biscuits when layering and don’t overcrowd the skillet to get an even crust base.
If by a VERY unlikely chance you don’t finish the whole pan, leftovers can be easily warmed up in the microwave. Zap for a few seconds and the pizza pieces spring back to their previous awesomeness.
Want unique pizza ideas?
- Cheesy Morning Pizza-Topped with crumbled bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, and sunny side up eggs, this breakfast pizza is the best way to start your day!
- Southwestern Pizza-Made of flour tortilla topped with black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocados and drizzled with a creamy enchilada sauce, you can gobble this up without guilt!
- 1 tube jumbo refrigerated biscuits (about 8 pieces), quartered
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 16 pieces pepperoni
In a lightly-greased cast-iron skillet, arrange biscuit dough in a single layer to cover bottom. Do not overpack, allow a bit of room for biscuits to expand during baking.
Spoon pizza sauce over biscuits and spread on the surface.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Arrange pepperoni on top, overlapping pepperonis at about 1/4-inch.
Bake in a 375 F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve hot.
Here’s a breakdown of the key characteristics of Pepperoni Bubble Pizza:
. 1.Bubbly Layers:
- The defining feature of Pepperoni Bubble Pizza is the layered and bubbly structure. This is achieved by using refrigerated biscuit dough, typically separated into individual pieces and layered in a baking dish.
2. Dough Bites:
- The biscuit dough is usually cut into bite-sized pieces, providing a convenient and easy-to-eat format. These dough pieces create a bubbly effect as they rise and bake in the oven.
3. Pizza Flavors:
- The pizza flavor profile is maintained with the inclusion of classic pizza ingredients. This often includes pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. These ingredients are distributed between the layers of dough.
- Pepperoni Bubble Pizza is versatile, allowing for customization. While pepperoni is a common topping, you can add your favorite pizza toppings such as vegetables, different types of cheese, or cooked sausage to tailor the dish to your preferences.
5. Fun and Shareable:
- The bite-sized nature of the dish makes it fun and shareable. It’s a great option for gatherings, parties, or family meals where everyone can enjoy grabbing their own bubbly pizza bites.
6. Unique Presentation:
- The final product has a distinctive appearance, resembling a bubbly, pull-apart pizza. It’s visually appealing and adds an element of excitement to the dining experience.
7. Easy Preparation:
- Pepperoni Bubble Pizza is known for its simplicity in preparation. It typically involves minimal steps, making it accessible for home cooks of all skill levels. The use of refrigerated biscuit dough simplifies the process.
8. Serving Style:
- Once baked, Pepperoni Bubble Pizza is often served in squares or scoops, making it easy for individuals to grab a piece and enjoy.
Nutrition InformationServing: 97g, Calories: 263kcal, Carbohydrates: 25.9g, Protein: 7.7g, Fat: 13.6g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 0.2g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Sodium: 861mg, Potassium: 31mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4.5g, Vitamin A: 50IU, Vitamin C: 0.8mg, Calcium: 30mg, Iron: 2mg
What is Pepperoni Bubble Pizza?
Answer: Pepperoni Bubble Pizza is a type of pizza that is characterized by a unique preparation method. It typically involves arranging biscuit dough in a layered fashion, topping it with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, and then baking until the dough forms bubbly, golden pockets.
How do I make Pepperoni Bubble Pizza at home?
Answer: To make Pepperoni Bubble Pizza, you usually start with refrigerated biscuit dough. Cut the dough into pieces and layer it in a baking dish. Add pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni between the layers. Bake until the dough is cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbly. It’s a simple and delicious alternative to traditional pizza.
Can I customize the toppings in Pepperoni Bubble Pizza?
Answer: Yes, you can customize the toppings in Pepperoni Bubble Pizza based on your preferences. In addition to pepperoni, you can add vegetables, different types of cheese, or even cooked sausage. It’s a versatile dish that allows for creative variations.
What type of biscuit dough should I use for Pepperoni Bubble Pizza?
Answer: You can use refrigerated biscuit dough typically found in the refrigerated section of grocery stores. Brands like Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits work well for this recipe. You can choose between regular, buttermilk, or other variations based on your taste preference.
Can Pepperoni Bubble Pizza be reheated?
Answer: Yes, you can reheat Pepperoni Bubble Pizza. To maintain its original texture, it’s recommended to reheat it in the oven or toaster oven until the crust becomes warm and the cheese is melted. Avoid using the microwave, as it may make the biscuit dough soggy.